Thursday, December 25, 2008

My plan for the new year

I have a new plan for the new year. I am always saying I will save money and budget my money better every Jan. but never manage to follow through with it. This year I plan on doing it and blogging about it. I plan on reducing my monthly grocery budget by half since I think we are spending too much on groceries each month.

My plans:
  • budget $200 a month to be spent on groceries, household items, cleaning supplies and pull ups.
  • keep track of all savings due to coupons, rebates, etc
  • build up a good stockpile of canned food, household supplies, etc.

I think I can do this and will use this blog to keep track of my progress. The stores I will be shopping at are Walgreens, Walmart, Fred's, Rite Aid, and Dollar General. I might be able to make it Kroger some but that is usually only once a month and can't be guaranteed.

So check back often. I plan on posting here as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment